Thursday, September 16, 2010

Frustration.

I sing too much.

My voice teacher informed me of this last week at my lesson, and told me that something had to go.  In the words of the fabulous Sarah Webb, "oh, shooties."  So I quit vocal jazz, per Dr. K's request.  Broke my heart.  Not a quitter.  But it's all well and fine, they found a replacement, life will go on.

Here I sit.  A week later.  Still vocally fatigued.

ARRRRRGH.

These are the days that I wonder..."can I do this?"  Broadway.  Lights.  Photo shoots.  Fabulosity.

8 shows a week.  Constant singing.  Zero sleep.

Are some people just born with insanely flexible voices with unstoppable endurance?  Are those the ones that are going to make it?  Can I build up to it?  Am I going to???  I sure hope so.  But how can I get better when I'm putting myself on fairly regular vocal rest?

Hopefully this is a fleeting issue.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment